What can you do if you cannot agree access arrangements with your tenant

Landlords have been given an an avenue to apply to the prhp for assistance in exercising their right of entry to their rental property  if unable to agree access with tenant.  The First-tier Tribunal can assist in arranging a suitable date for access and where required fix a date and time for access if a tenant and landlord cannot agree a date.

In every case, the landlord, or landlord’s representative, must notify the tenant that access to the property is required, and they must state the reason for which access is required. This is because the landlord will need to attach to the application a copy of the notification sent to the tenant requesting access, and any subsequent correspondence relating to the notification.

For further details on the help available to landlords/agent in gaining access to a property can be found here

Read other posts