This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Landlord Accreditation Scotland, a company registered in Scotland (number SC339155), with our registered office at Hopetoun Gate, 8b McDonald Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4LZ (“we” or “us”). We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z1477596 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Elspeth Boyle, LAS Director.
How we collect information from you and what information I collect
We collect information about you:
- When you purchase or enquire about our services and/or goods directly from us;
- from your use of our website (including but not limited to creating tenancy agreements, guarantor agreements, or notice);
- from your attendance at our events;
- when you make a complaint or general enquiry; and
- from your arrangements to make payment to us (such as bank details, and payment card numbers).
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- Scottish Association of Landlords membership number; and
- Bank sort code and account number. We receive the following information from third parties:
- In the event that the employee or agent is making the purchase on behalf of the customer, we would receive information the above information.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to process payment of your bookings (in the event that you have opted to pay by direct debit);
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer; and
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you;
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any of third party, acting on our behalf.
We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
- Your information may be disclosed to third parties who are storing this data on our behalf;
- In order to process online orders and registrations for courses;
- In order to collect payments from you, we may disclose your information in order to process any payments on our behalf;
- In order to update your membership records with the Scottish Association of Landlords; and
- In the event of non-payment, we may disclose your information to allow us to recover any sums due to us under the contract we have with you.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
We will store your information within the UK and EEA. Where necessary we have ensured that the appropriate agreements and arrangements between the UK and the territories we are transferring the data to are in place, and that those territories have an agreement in place regarding their compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
All hard copy of your data is stored securely in locked filing cabinets which can be accessed only by our employees. Electronic data is stored securely, with appropriate technical and security measures in place, as well as restrictions on access.
How long we will keep your information
- We review my data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as
- long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
- Our full retention schedule is available upon request.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in my records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact Elspeth Boyle, LAS Director. Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.
The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
Email: [email protected]
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our record updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.