- September 7, 2021
9:45 am - 2:45 pm
All landlords have to have fixed wiring (Electrical Installation Condition Report or EICR) checks carried out at least every five years, which must include an appliance check report (a Portable Appliance Test or PAT).
Attending this webinar will give landlords the required knowledge to carry out their own PAT testing and, depending on the number of properties/appliances they have, for some this could mean an opportunity to make considerable cost savings.
No electrical knowledge or experience is required. The webinar includes practical and theory sessions.
The trainer will be on hand to help and answer any questions. On successful completion of the webinar each delegate will receive a Certificate of Competence in PAT Testing. All delegates will keep a comprehensive illustrated training manual.
What do you need for this training?
- To complete the course delegates will require a PAT test machine on the day. This does not have to be a Quick Test microPAT, however specific instruction on different machines will not be possible. All delegates will be offered the microPAT Package at a discounted price of £264.00 (£210 + £10 carriage + VAT). Please note all orders for PAT testing machines must be received no later than Friday 27 August to ensure delivery ahead of this course.
- Delegate pack. The address to which delegate packs will be delivered will be needed by Friday 27 August 2021
- Access to Zoom with camera and microphone, and a PC/laptop or similar device, ideally with largish screen.
- Recommended electrical appliances for hands-on testing (from your household/office, they do not have to be new):
- Multi gang extension lead
- Desk lamp or similar
- Screwdriver to open plug
- WHO can PAT test?
- WHY do we PAT test?
- WHAT do we PAT test?
- WHEN do we PAT test?
- HOW do we PAT test?
Who is this webinar for?
- Landlords and letting agents
Course tutor: Neville Croucher and Karen Croucher, Quick Test
Course duration: 5 hours (approximate timing, includes time for refreshment breaks, the trainer will be available for further training/questions after the allocated end time.)
Venue Phone: 0131 553 2211Address:
Virtual Classroom FAQs
A virtual classroom is a learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss material, while working in groups, via an online platform. LAS use Zoom.
Yes, it is essential for the tutor to be able to interact with the group and so all participants will be visible. Participants can ask questions and the tutors can hear and see all those in the classroom.
Still not sure a virtual classroom is for you?
Please call the LAS team and we can chat to you about how things work and answer any questions you have.
Registering for a course
Registering for a course is simple. Select the number of delegate places required from the list and click ‘register’ now. Immediate payment is required to secure a place on the course.
If you cannot select the number of delegate places you require, the course may be full. Please contact the LAS office on 0131 553 2211.
Cost per delegate
If paying by BACS please use the following information:
Royal Bank of Scotland. Sort Code 83-24-18. Account No 00732264. Please use reference 7921W/PAT